Monday, March 16, 2009

Well, how about that...


Busy weekend, but got most of the engine work done. In fact, I thought I was all done, until I discovered where my oil leak is: it appears to be a bad seal on the oil cooler. Good news is it is a straightforward fix, just a matter of taking half the engine apart, changing the seals, and putting it back together. :-)
Oil leak aside, it is now fair to say that Belle has never run this good. I fixed an exhaust leak that, until last weekend, I didn't even know I had. I had no idea my motor could be this quiet! Also installed a battery my father purchased for his boat, but never used. Big deep cycle bugger with tons of cranking amps. Now all I have to do is LOOK at the ignition and she starts right up.
I've also started working weekdays on the interior (saving the long, tool intensive projects for the weekends). Currently, I have Belle completely emptied out down to the bare metal. This week I'll be finishing up repainting the interior (going with a nice Sage Green), and refinishing the seats. Next week will hopefully be the new carpet and the modified sink and refinished stove.
Is it May yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment