Monday, March 23, 2009

Whoop! Whoop!

Rather a busy weekend! Got the Mike on the sander doing fine work in prep for painting the inside. And...drum roll please... I fixed the oil leak! Had to remove the fan housing (which was a real pain with studs being rusted) to get to the oil cooler (who designed this thing?), but as soon as we pulled the cooler, it was obvious where the leak was coming from. It probably would have been a 2 hour job, but with all the oil that had leaked out and been blown around and sucked through the fan housing (the bottom of which looked like an oil sump), I spent the rest of Saturday cleaning (again!). Sunday I put it all back together and fired her up! No leak! It was really kind of weird. I kept looking underneath to see if the steady "drip, drip, drip" was there. Nope. It seemed really strange to have Belle idling away and not leaving a stain!
Agenda:
This week: continued work on the interior. Recover the bench seat. I think I'm going to rearrange the layout to keep some of this new found room I found when you have an empty bus. Maybe put in a dance floor.
Next weekend: Replace torn CVC boot. Replace torn Ball Joint boot. Remove old heater system. Install new shocks front and back.

Nothing like good union work!


Seat Repair. Before, then recushioned and covered.

2 comments:

  1. Lookin good so far dude. I'm keeping the parking space in front of the house cleaned up for Belle's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Now that she's not leaking any oil, she can park just about anywhere and I don't have to feel bad about it! (Not that I ever really did. Volkswagen's don't leak oil, they mark their spot). :-)

    ReplyDelete