Monday, February 23, 2009

Making progress

As you can see, I had help this weekend. Mike provided moral support and tried to work out his on-again-off-again bad VW karma. I think we made progress on that!
I changed out the pushrod seals on the right side and reinstalled the modified heat exchanger. I also pulled all the fuel-lines and began replacing those. Removed firewall to inspect the fuel tank and assorted hoses attached to that (replaced one). Next we will be installing the new fuel pump, distributor and carb and firing her up. If the oil leak was fixed with the pushrod seal change, then we're good. If not, then I'll do the other side. I'm hoping to have most of the engine work done by the end of next weekend so we can start on the mechanical stuff (CVs, Shocks, Brakes, etc).

2 comments:

  1. what's up with the drum stool? Are you playing those too now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye!
    Naw, I use it mostly for guitar and it's just the right height to work on Belle!

    ReplyDelete