Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 1 - The work begins


Well, I spent most of the weekend getting ready to start. Finding tools, gathering supplies, ordering parts... etc. However, I did manage to remove the rear bumper, drain the gas tank and the oil. Decided to switch over to an electronic ignition, so ordered that too. My goal by the end of next weekend is to have the "new" carb installed, the cleaned and updated distributor installed, clean all the engine compartment internals, especially the electrical connections, and get started (maybe) on the push rod seals. Aim high, right?
Also, I gave Belle the once over and found some real positives: only 1 cvc boot needs to be replaced; the hoses off the carb are in fine shape; I haven't inspected forward of the rear half of the bus yet, but so far have only found 1 spot of new rust and it's very small; the exhaust system, despite appearances, is also in suprisingly good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment