Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Roll Away The Dew......

Wow! One of the best shows in a long, long time.
Not sure where to begin, so I'll just toss some stuff out.
Phenomenal run with no significant mishaps. California roads (for want of a better term) managed to rattle my tail-pipe off!
Couple of facts of figures:
Total miles covered: 1,385.6
Fuel used: 72.9 gallons (running about 19 mpg overall. The mountains trimmed the average down. On open freeway I was getting 24 mpg!)
Avg speed: 45 mph

Didn't see many aircooled VW's out there. Maybe a half-dozen or so. People were wandering by taking pictures of Belle. Mike thinks she's the back-drop in about 20 pictures of so.

I'll let the pictures explain the rest:

Need to lose some weight-

Mike's ready to go!
I always obey the local laws:
The crew on the Shoreline Run:

All Flags Flying..
Always nice to see Further!

This must be the place!My favorite view of California...

Ahh, home. Notice the Cali souvenirs on the windshield. Next... The Gorge!

2 comments:

  1. "My favorite view of California..."
    Hey! Mine too!

    Alright,
    whc03grady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - are you in the Bay Area? Can't tell but I assume so. If you want to camp with some buses in the area, let me know and I'll let you know when we are pulling stuff off.

    bigbluevw (at) gmail.com

    Didn't see you at the show. Big Blue was there with the Riviera top popped!

    -Brett

    ReplyDelete