Thursday, April 9, 2009

The end in sight!

The final push is nearing. I received notice today that the Shoreline tickets are arriving UPS tomorrow!

Over the weekend, I repainted Belle (pictures as soon as I get the bumpers finished). Note to self: NEVER use hammerite again! (Major pain to remove). I also resealed the entire bus (mostly) and ordered (drum roll please) a fuel tank sender unit! No more guessing when I'm running out of gas and having to haul an extra 5 gallons in the cargo bin!

Upcoming: Fix accelerator pedal (seeings how it came off in my hand over the weekend. I suppose I could put a friend over the internal engine hatch and have him adjust the throttle by hand as we drive down the road, but that seems tedious); remove old propane system (frankly, it looks a little scary); install recushioned and covered bench seat/bed; install new carpet; bleed the brakes; repack the wheel bearings; a few other cosmetic touches and...done! (I think. It's hard to test how she drives without an accelerator pedal. But she idles real nice). :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment